NEW HAVEN, CT — Monday, city, civic, and business leaders announced the schedule of special holiday events and celebrations in the Elm City, highlighting opportunities for people to shop small, and local during the holiday season.
- Small Business Saturday on Saturday, November 25 starts the official beginning of the local holiday shopping season and also the kickoff to special weekend holiday activities, events and promotions at The Shops at Yale in Downtown New Haven. The Westville Arts Market (WAM!) will also take place that day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lotta Studio (903 Whalley Avenue).
- New Haven Tree Lighting on the New Haven Green on Thursday, November 30 from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m., in partnership with WTNH, with the a special live televised broadcast beginning at 7 p.m.
- New Haven Holiday Village pop-up winter market featuring local artisans and shopkeepers will be on the New Haven Green on Thursday, November 30 from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m., Friday, December 1 from 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 2 from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m. The holiday village will also have a “Toys for Tots Touch a Truck Toy Drive” for attendees to donate new toys or books for children in need.
- New Haven Menorah Lighting on the New Haven Green on Thursday, December 7 at 4:30 p.m. to celebrate the beginning of Hanukkah.
- Westville Shop Small, Anti-Mall Holiday Market (12 to 6 p.m.) and Tree Lighting (5:30 p.m.) on Saturday, December 9th and Menorah Lighting (5:30 p.m.) on Sunday, December 10th in the Downtown Westville neighborhood.
- Kwanzaa Kinara Lighting and celebration at New Haven City Hall on Tuesday, December 26 at 5:00 p.m. hosted by the New Haven Board of Alders Black and Hispanic Caucus.
- Fantasy of Lights nighttime drive-thru holiday light show at Lighthouse Point Park is happening every evening through December 31st.
For a full list of the New Haven region’s holiday activities, events and offerings, go to: visitnewhaven.com.