If you need some last-minute Thanksgiving ingredients, your choice of stores is limited on Thursday. And big box stores like Target, Best Buy, Walmart and Walgreens (for the first time in company history) are giving their employees the day off, though they are primed for the Black Friday shopping the next day.
For many restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving, reservations were needed for dinner. See this list for those offering Thanksgiving dinner. Also, the fast casual chains Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Krispy Kreme and Waffle House are open Thursday.
What’s closed on Thanksgiving
Libraries and government offices in Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough counties are closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
Post Office: As is the case with all federal holidays, the U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail on Thursday. Mail delivery will resume Friday.
Stock market: The New York Stock Exchange observes U.S. holidays, so the stock market will be closed on Thanksgiving.
- Trader Joe’s
- Mazzaro’s Italian Market
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Sam’s Club
- T.J. Maxx
What’s open on Thanksgiving
Busch Gardens is open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and the park has already rolled out its Christmas Town entertainment lineup, with the park drenched in lights. The Christmas on Ice holiday ice skating show will have four performances that day in the Moroccan Palace Theater.
- CVS: All 24-hour CVS Pharmacy locations will be open. Select stores will have reduced hours.
- Dollar General: Locations in most areas will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Starbucks: Locations will be open on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Whole Foods: Holiday hours may be limited, stores may close early.
- Fresh Market: Open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.